Type B and type C virus-related hepatitis can delay thing and progress to prevent progress to cirrhosis and liver cancer if they provide appropriate treatment.
In Kumamoto, we support a part of the medical expenses necessary for interferon therapy for the purpose of treatment of type B and type C virus-related hepatitis from April, 2008.
When it is interferon-free treatment and country becomes unsuccessful, aims at this treatment for the hepatitis medical expenses furtherance with having decided the furtherance of medical expenses and thing doing about treatment containing interferon of afterward in Kumamoto on June 9, 2015.
Brochure (about interferon therapy medical expenses subsidy program) March, 2014 some revision [PDF file/630KB]
■Medical care that is targeted for the furtherance
- By interferon therapy to give for the purpose of the removal of type B and hepatitis C virus and medical care necessary to provide this treatment, it is for insurance application and thing that it is.
- It is not for treatment irrelevant to expense and interferon therapy except medical service under health insurance. In addition, it is not for hospitalized meal charges.
- Treatment costs for illness (high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer) except hepatitis B and hepatitis C are not targeted for the furtherance.
■The target furtherance
In corresponding to all next, we apply to the prefecture and we received authorization and are.
(1) Person receiving "target medical care" now or the top which we are going to receive
(2) (address on resident's card in Kumamoto) to live in Kumamoto
(3) The person taking out each medical insurance or dependent
■Procedure for authorization
- We apply to public health center having jurisdiction over area to live for required document to receive authorization, and it is necessary to have you receive authorization of the governor.
- When even which had been treated using this subsidy program once in the past from April 1, 2010 met uniformity condition, we came to be able to receive the second furtherance. Ask attending physician whether you meet condition.
[documents necessary for application]
Identification of hepatitis treatment recipient grant application
Medical certificate (thing made with ※ appointment medical institution is best) pertaining to grant application of identification of hepatitis treatment recipient
Copy of identifications of person insured whom full name of applicant was listed in
Resident's card with mention of all the households of applicant
Documents which prove inhabitants' tax taxation annual sum (income percent) of all the household same as applicant
※ As a general rule, doctor of "appointment medical institution" which the governor appointed should make medical certificate of this.
※ And we can receive  documents style at window of public health center. In addition, we can download from list of styles below.
- In the prefecture, we decide authorization after examination based on expert opinion.
- We issue "identification of hepatitis treatment recipient" and "hepatitis treatment self-pay limit monthly basis control documentation" to authorized person from the prefecture.
- We limit medical institution which can receive targeted for the furtherance treatment to "appointment medical institution" which the prefecture appointed and "treatment conduct medical institution" which made a contract with the prefecture. (there is not designation of drugstore, but only a certain drugstore described in identification of recipient is available)
→ Interferon and interferon-free treatment "appointment medical institution" list ※As of March 9, 2017 (PDF: 202.1 kilobytes)
→ Interferon and interferon-free treatment "treatment conduct medical institution" list ※As of March 9, 2017 (PDF: 474.9 kilobytes)
■Validity of authorization
・ As a general rule, validity of authorization is one year. But person who corresponded to (1) - (3) came to be able to speak extension of validity period.
(1) Chronic hepatitis C that we met constant condition in (limited toward cello group 1, the high viral load) (※ 1), and it was judged that the dosage was necessary for 72 weeks by doctor receiving peginterferon ribavirin combination therapy. (extended period: for six months)
(※ 1) With "constant condition", we relate to the change situation of hepatitis C viral load in treatment process. Ask attending physician of interferon therapy-designated medical institution about whether you are equal to condition.
(※ 1) As you cannot extend validity when even that received judgment from doctor for 72 weeks if the dosage is necessary does not meet condition, please be careful.
(2) Chronic hepatitis C that it was judged that it was appropriate that we met constant condition in (treatment is void and is limited toward the re-treatment in cello group 1, the last time) (※ 2), and doctor further gave peginterferon and ribavirin for 24 weeks receiving triple-drug therapy including Japanese hawfinch pre-building. (extended period: for six months) ※ In this case do not be over 48 weeks during the total dosage period of peginterferon and ribavirin.
※2 relates to the change situation of hepatitis C viral load about the former treatment with "constant condition". Ask attending physician of interferon therapy-designated medical institution about whether you are equal to condition.
※As the dosage cannot extend validity with peginterferon and ribavirin more for 24 weeks when even which received judgment from need and doctor does not meet condition, 2, please be careful.
(3) That discontinuation by side effect cannot finish treatment within validity because there is treatment with unavoidable reason suspension period, but it is expected that treatment is over within two months from the date of expiration for validity. (extended period: for two months)
※As you do not perform extension of validity period in the case of application that there was discontinuation period by side effect and depends other than the unavoidable reason, please be careful.
About procedures for extension, please see the following flyers.
(flyer) About identification of recipient extension of validity period [PDF file/154KB]
・ Validity becomes from the moon which applicant appointed after month when we submitted application. On the start date of authorization, you talk with the medical attendant well, and you match with treatment plan, and please appoint.
■Limit of self-pay
- When you receive hepatitis interferon therapy, please show identifications of recipient to medical institution, drugstore.
- About target medical care, sum of medical expenses beyond self-pay limit of the next table is supported depending on inhabitants' tax (income percent) taxation annual sum of household.
Inhabitants' tax (income percent) taxation annual sum of household
Self-pay limit (monthly basis)
When it is 235,000 yen or more
In the case of less than 235,000 yen
※As a general rule, we do the taxation annual sum mentioned above with net total of the amount of inhabitants' tax of all the households of recipient (sum of income percent), but-affiliated, there is not support and can exclude from adding up object about case to come with applicant or the spouse when the totals of inhabitants' tax (income percent) taxation annual sum of all the households exceed 235,000 yen.
When adding up exclusion is hoped for, you match with identification of recipient grant application documents, and, with the following reports and required documents together, please submit to public health center.
Inhabitants' tax adding up exclusion hope report [PDF file/40KB]
※When required document is short, please be careful as you add up and cannot exclude.
■List of inquiry, application reception desks
| Engine name
|| The location
|| Zip code
|| Phone number|
| Ariake public health center
|| 1004-1, Iwasaki, Tamana-shi
| Yamaga public health center
|| 465-2, Yamaga, Yamaga-shi
| Kikuchi public health center
|| 1272-10, Waifu, Kikuchi-shi
| Aso public health center
|| 2402, Ichinomiyamachimiyaji, Aso-shi
| Mifune public health center
|| 400, Hetami, Mifune-machi, Kamimashiki-gun
| Uki public health center
|| 400-1, Matsubasemachikugu, Uki-shi
| Yatsushiro public health center
|| 1660, Nishikatamachi, Yatsushiro-shi
| Minamata public health center
|| 2-2-13, Hachimancho, Minamata-shi
| Hitoyoshi public health center
|| 12-1, Teramachi, Hitoyoshi-shi
| Amakusa public health center
|| 3530, Imagamashinmachi, Amakusa-shi
| Kumamoto-shi public health center
|| 5-1-1, Ogo, Chuo-ku, Kumamoto-shi
| Kumamoto Public Health Emergencies Management Division
|| 6-18-1, Suizenji, Chuo-ku, Kumamoto-shi
■List of styles (we can download from this)